January 05, 2011
so let the hello echoes :D
Yesterday i got the stylish blogger award from Ojanto :D
Actually I feel i don’t really deserve this “stylish” blogger award. I think i could never say that my doodles are "stylish". Hehehe. But really, thanks a lot Ojanto! :D It's not the award, it's the thought that there are people out there who like your works that makes your day! :D
And now i decide to spread this happiness to 8 other people and state 8 facts of myself as instructed. Since i don’t know exactly what standards set for this stylish blogger award, i would subjectively pick blogs that inspired me the most, based on my personal likings :) Stylish or not, these people have inspired me in many ways :D
Mind you, very, very subjective :)
Okay so here goes the list :
1. Tarlen Handayani
I’ve been stalking Vitarlenology’s blog for quite some time, i found the blog very inspiring and interesting. And the person behind the blog is very humble and down-to-earth. You have inspired me a lot so i’m presenting the first award to you mbak Tarlen :)
2. Ika Vantiani (Ika, have you launch your new blog?) :D
I love love love her collages. She taught me many things. It’s tons of fun everytime i meet her for a “bikin-bikin” session, sharing thoughts over papers and markers and glue :D Looking forward to having another session yah Ka! :D
3. May Ann Licudine
I officially declare May Ann as my number one favourite artist. I could stare at her works for hours and take my time savouring the yummy details, and feeling the emotions building up inside me. Take a look for yourself and go gaga with every page-viewing :)
4. Ella Elviana
Ella’s works reminds me of childhood memories. Classic yet stylish, bubbly yet warm, vibrant yet humble. :)
5. Tatiana Romanova Surya
Original drawings and poems you’d be curious what’s going on in her head when she creates all that :D
6. Shalimma Robbiaswaty
Amazing lineworks and collages, dark and rebellious, and of course, addictive! :D
I won’t blame you for drooling literally while staring at her posts! XD
8. Chatrin Pandrya
Take your time digesting her beautifully-sometimes-sarcastically-arranged words, and remember, don’t take it literally :)
And now, 8 things about myself. Hm. Let’s see...
1. I don’t have a decent drawing skill. And by saying this, really, i'm not trying to set an image of myself as a humble person or anything. I couldn’t draw proportionally (yet) *we have to be optimistic huh?* :D I don’t understand perspective drawing, as you may notice, i always draw an object with frontal angle, the easiest angle i could understand. The rest, i usually let my instinct work on it. That’s why i never have the courage to teach other people to draw :)
2. I read a lot. And think a lot. I could spend hours just staring into empty spaces, with thoughts running inside my head.
3. I love doodling. My favourite time to doodle is in the middle of a boring meeting :p
4. My drawings are mirrors for me to find out who i really am. I’m one scatterbrained person sometimes i don’t understand myself i have to let my thoughts out on a piece of paper and get a better view of things inside my head.
5. My right eye doesn’t work properly. I was born with this flaw and only a few people know about this :)
6. My drawings are often twisted because sometimes i could hate the world with such intensity i have to let the darkness inside of me out or it’ll kill me from the inside.
7. I’m a professional procrastinator and could spend hours browsing the net and poring over art blogs and end up having these insecurities and low self-esteem after seeing all the great works of other artists. doh :(
8. I spent almost an hour typing this entry and i don’t know what else to say about myself for this number 8. But hey this is also a fact i’m stating here, right? :D
The 8 people i mentioned above, if you guys mind forwarding this award then you don’t have to do it, really :D I just think it would be nice to spread some simple joys in our busy days.
Thank you for reading my rants! :D